To identify what iPad you have, take a look at the model number on the back cover.
In order of preference, the Structure Sensor will work with the following iPads:
- iPad 9.7-inch, aka. "iPad" -> [A1822] (Please note that the bracket for this iPad is still forthcoming - currently, the iPad Air bracket will work for the iPad 9.7-inch. However, the iPad Air bracket is not compatible with the Wide Vision Lens used to enhance Canvas and Room Capture. These apps can still be used without the Wide Vision Lens.)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch - > [Models: A1673, A1674, A1675]
- iPad Air 2 - > [Models: A1566, A1567]
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch - > [Models: A1584, A1652]
- iPad mini 4 -> [Models: A1538, A1550]
- iPad Pro - > [Models: A1584, A1652]
- iPad Air 1 -> [Models: A1474, A1475, A1476]
- iPad mini 3 -> [Models: A1599, A1600]
- iPad mini 2 -> [Models: A1489, A1490, A1491]
- iPad (4th Generation) -> [Models: A1458, A1459, A1460]
Please note that all of the above include the Lightning connector and the A6X or better processor.
The following iPads are not compatible with Structure Sensor:
- iPad mini - > [Models: A1432, A1454, A1455]
- iPad (3rd Generation) -> [Models: A1416, A1430, A1403]
- iPad 2 -> [Models: A1395, A1396, A1397]
- iPad -> [Models: A1219, A1337]
Visit structure.io/store to see which iPads are currently supported.
For information on how to identify your iPad model number check out: support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471